THIS COURSE IS ACCREDITED BY TEQSA AND THE 0-3 AND 3-6 YEARS CURRICULUM FOCUS ARE RECOGNISED BY ACECQA AS EARLY CHILDHOOD QUALIFICATIONS.
The Diploma of Early Childhood and Primary Education (Montessori) offers the opportunity to study externally across the age range of birth to primary education. It compliments or lays the foundation for working in an educational environment with children.
THE COURSE IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Registered teachers aiming to become Montessori trained
- Those who need an approved Diploma level education and care qualification to work as a teacher assistant in a school, run family day care or work in a child care or playgroup setting
- To gain skills and knowledge required for teaching or assisting in a Montessori environment
Please note: this course it is not a teaching qualification on its own.
- 0-3 years Birth to Three
- 3-6 years Children’s House
- 6-12 years Primary
The Diploma Course is divided into nine modules
- Introductory Module (which must be taken first)
- Eight Modules taken over 4 semesters (or 8 semesters part time)
- 240 hours of Teaching Practice
- Written Examination
- Oral/Practical Examination
The Diploma of Early Childhood and Primary Education (Montessori) is studied over a period of two years (full time) or up to four years (part time). All modules are offered over two years. Enrolment is dependent on the schedule for module/s being offered in particular State/s.
Approximate study times for the Diploma Course are:
|• Introductory and Four Theory Modules||440 hours|
|• Four Curriculum Modules||860 hours|
|• Examinations||60 hours|
|1360 hours nominal|
|Enrolment and Introductory Module||$2800|
|Theory Modules||$312 per module|
|Curriculum Modules||$975 per module|
(Enrolment and Introductory Module fee paid in full or instalment of 50% deposit $1400 and two further payments of $775 over next two months ($2950). All subsequent Theory and Curriculum Modules to be paid in full at time of enrolment.* Workshop fees are included in Module fees. One Written and one Practical Exam fee* $210 x 2 payable at the time of sitting).
*Fees subject to annual increment
DIPLOMA ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Australian High School Certificate (Year 12) or an equivalent and be proficient in English
- If year 12 was not completed in Australia and English is a second language, an Academic International English Language Score (IELTS) of at least seven (7.0) or more in the reading and writing, and a score of eight (8.0) or more in speaking and listening will be required (see link below for test)
The Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing Score) is proven and accepted world-wide as a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation. Applicants can apply on-line and there are many test centres around Australia.
There is no pass or fail in IELTS. Candidates are graded on their performance, using scores from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The results from the four parts then produce an Overall Band Score.