THIS COURSE IS ACCREDITED BY TEQSA AND THE 0-3 AND 3-6 AGE YEARS CURRICULUM FOCUS ARE RECOGNISED BY ACECQA AS EARLY CHILDHOOD QUALIFICATIONS.
Becoming a Montessori educator is to prepare for the task of aiding children’s development for life. Montessori educators love their work. Whether you’re beginning your first career or looking for more inspiration in your current field, the first step is to think carefully about what drives you and gives you satisfaction. We are far more likely to be successful in an occupation we feel passionate about.
“The training of the teacher who is to help life is something far more than the learning of ideas. It includes the training of character; it is a preparation of the spirit.” ~ Maria Montessori
The Montessori Institute Diploma is an accredited and ACECQA recognised Diploma level qualification. The Diploma offers the opportunity for blended face to face and external study across the age range of birth to primary education. It compliments or lays the foundation for working in an educational environment with children.
THE COURSE IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Registered teachers aiming to become Montessori trained
- Those who need an approved Diploma level education and care qualification to work as a teacher assistant in a school, run family day care or work in a child care or playgroup setting
- To gain skills and knowledge required for teaching or assisting in a Montessori environment
Please note: this course is not a teaching qualification on its own.
MONTESSORI CURRICULUM AGE FOCUS:
- 0-3 years Birth to Three
- 3-6 years Children’s House
- 6-12 years Primary
The Diploma Course is divided into nine modules
- Introductory Module (which must be taken first)
- Eight Modules taken over 4 semesters (or 8 semesters part time)
- 240 hours of Professional Experience
- Written Examination
- Oral/Practical Examination
The Diploma of Early Childhood and Primary Education (Montessori) is studied over a period of two years (full time) or up to four years (part time). All modules are offered over two years. Enrolment is dependent on the schedule for module/s being offered in particular State/s.
Approximate study times for the Diploma Course are:
|• Introductory and Four Theory Modules||440 hours|
|• Four Curriculum Modules||860 hours|
|• Examinations||60 hours|
|1360 hours nominal|
Enrolment and Introductory Module: $2,960*
Theory Modules E, P, F & T: $360 per module
Curriculum Modules O, L, M & C: $1125 per module
Workshop fees are included in Module fees.
One written and one practical exam fee* $220 x 2 payable at the time of sitting.
*Enrolment fees are paid in full or instalment of 50% deposit $1480 and three further payments of $520 over next three months ($3040). All subsequent Theory and Curriculum Modules to be paid in full at time of enrolment.*
*Fees subject to annual increment
Students may enrol in this course at any time of the year. Application to the program is through direct application to the Institute and is dependent upon formal assessment of the following:
- Australian High School Certificate (completion of Year 12, including General English minimum) or evidence of one year tertiary study in an Australian Institution
- An overseas equivalent. If your qualification was not completed in English and English is a second language, provide evidence of recent completion (within 2 years) of an Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of at least seven (7.0) or more in the reading and writing, and a score of eight (8.0) or more in speaking and listening will be required (see link below for test).
The Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is proven and accepted world-wide as a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation. Applicants can apply on-line and there are many test centres around Australia.
There is no pass or fail in IELTS. Candidates are graded on their performance, using scores from 1 to 9 for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The results from the four parts then produce an Overall Band Score.
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the above information carefully and click on the link ‘application form’ (below).
- Email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post certified copies of all your qualifications (Certificate and official transcripts) to 3/20 Comserv Loop, Ellenbrook, W.A. 6069
- You will be notified of the success of your application, please allow 3 weeks for processing.