14 OCTOBER 2017
Invitation to Montessori Institute Students, Parents and other interested members of the Community to attend a Foundation Theory Workshop.
The one day workshop will provide a theoretical overview of Montessori Theory and Philosophy.
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- Introduction to Montessori Education
- Maria Montessori’s life and Influences
- Montessori Principles, Features and Aims
- Myths and Misconceptions
- The Absorbent Mind and Sensitive Periods
- Four Planes of Development
- Human Tendencies
- Preparing the Environment
- The Hand and Independence
- Preparation and Role of the Teacher
- Discipline and Normalisation
- Freedom and Limits
- Rewards and Punishments
The presenter, Deirdre O’Reilly, has taught for the almost thirty-five years in Montessori environments in Australia, Ireland and California. She holds preprimary and primary Montessori diplomas and a B.Ed. (Primary) from UNE, a Master’s in Education (Special Ed.) from University of Sydney and has almost completed a Grad. Dip. Early Childhood from Macquarie University. Deirdre has three adult children and six grandchildren. She has presented both nationally and internationally at numerous conferences and consults as a parent coach and to Montessori schools both in Australia and overseas through her company Small Steps.
Sydney Montessori School
99-107 Manchester Road, S Gymea NSW
DATES & TIMES:
14 October 2017 9am – 4pm
All attendees $130
TO REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP CLICK HERE