7 OCTOBER 2017
Invitation to Montessori Institute Students, Parents and other interested members of the Community to attend a Foundation Theory Workshop.
The one day workshop will provide a theoretical overview of Montessori Theory and Philosophy.
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- Introduction to Montessori Education
- Maria Montessori’s life and Influences
- Montessori Principles, Features and Aims
- Myths and Misconceptions
- The Absorbent Mind and Sensitive Periods
- Four Planes of Development
- Human Tendencies
- Preparing the Environment
- The Hand and Independence
- Preparation and Role of the Teacher
- Discipline and Normalisation
- Freedom and Limits
- Rewards and Punishments
The Presenter will be Anna Golab.
Anna is coordinating a school’s special education support program in addition to various other teaching commitments including teaching English to adult students and relief work in various Montessori preschool/day-care settings. Anna holds a Master’s Degree in Special Education. She also has a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and over 25 years of classroom teaching experience and has worked in a Montessori setting both as a classroom teacher and as a teaching principal.
Southern Montessori School
53 Galloway Road, O’Sullivan Beach SA
DATES & TIMES:
7 October 2017 9am – 4pm
All attendees $130
TO REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP CLICK HERE