24 & 25 FEBRUARY 2018
Invitation to Montessori Institute Students, Parents and other interested members of the Community to attend a two day Introduction to Montessori Theory and Philosophy Workshop Part A and Part B.
The two day workshop will provide a theoretical overview of Montessori Theory and Philosophy, followed by application and the Montessori classroom.
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- Maria Montessori’s Life and Influence
- The Montessori Approach
- Four Planes of Development
- Human Tendencies
- The Absorbent Mind and Sensitive Periods
- Preparing the Environment
- Montessori Materials
- Role of the Adult
- Classroom Organisation for Different Age Groups
- Differences to Traditional
- Overview of Curriculum Areas
- Indirect Preparation
- Practicalities of Choosing Elements and Care of the Environment
- Choice and Independence
- Normalisation, Practical Life, and Grace and Courtesy
The Presenter will be Anna Golab.
Anna is coordinating a school’s special education support program in addition to various other teaching commitments including teaching English to adult students and relief work in various Montessori preschool/day-care settings. Anna holds a Master’s Degree in Special Education. She also has a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and over 25 years of classroom teaching experience and has worked in a Montessori setting both as a classroom teacher and as a teaching principal.
Southern Montessori School
53 Galloway Road, O’Sullivan Beach SA
DATES & TIMES:
24 February 2018 9am – 4pm
25 February 2018 9am – 4pm
All attendees $270
TO REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP CLICK HERE