7 OCTOBER 2017
Invitation to Montessori Institute Students, Parents and other interested members of the Community to attend a Foundation Theory Workshop.
The one day workshop will provide a theoretical overview of Montessori Theory and Philosophy.
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- Introduction to Montessori Education
- Maria Montessori’s life and Influences
- Montessori Principles, Features and Aims
- Myths and Misconceptions
- The Absorbent Mind and Sensitive Periods
- Four Planes of Development
- Human Tendencies
- Preparing the Environment
- The Hand and Independence
- Preparation and Role of the Teacher
- Discipline and Normalisation
- Freedom and Limits
- Rewards and Punishments
The Presenter will be Rachael Stevens. Rachael is National Director at the Montessori Institute and has been involved in education at many different levels, including teaching in a Montessori School, tutoring and lecturing at University and teaching women in prison. Rachael taught in a 3-6yrs Montessori school in New Zealand and is currently a relief teacher and assisting in both 3-6 and 6-9 cycles. Rachael holds degrees in Business Studies and in Law, two Graduate Diplomas in Montessori Education and a Cert IV in Training and Enterprise.
3 / 20 Comserv Loop, Ellenbrook WA
DATES & TIMES:
7 October 2017 9am – 4pm
All attendees $130
TO REGISTER FOR THIS WORKSHOP CLICK HERE