The aim of the Diploma of Montessori Leadership and Practice is for Heads of Schools, Directors or others in leadership positions in Montessori schools or centres to advance their governance skills and to gain a general appreciation of Montessori philosophies and ideologies.
Upon completion of this course, school leaders will have an understanding and knowledge of the Montessori approach to education; as well as generalist familiarity with the Montessori Curriculum. They will have developed their academic skills and gained insights into the professional aspects of Montessori leadership. Please note, this is a non-award course.
The Course is divided into eight units and two sections.
- Four Theory Units which include twelve (12) written assignments
- Four Montessori Practice Units which include eight (8) Assignments & Observations.
- At least four (4) Intensive Block Workshops
The Diploma of Montessori Leadership and Practice course is studied over a period of one year (full time) or up to three years (part time). The course is self-paced and can be completed anywhere within this timeframe.
- Theory and Curriculum Units - 400 hours
- Curriculum Workshops and Observations - 160 hours
- Total - 560 hours nominal
Students may enrol in this course at any time of the year. Application to the program is through direct application to the Institute and is dependent upon formal assessment of the following:
- Minimum entry requirement-Teacher Registration or relevant professional experience
HOW TO ENROL IN THE DIPLOMA OF MONTESSORI LEADERSHIP AND PRACTICE COURSE:
- Read the above information carefully and click on the link ‘application form' above or below.
- Email your application form to email@example.com
- Post certified copies of all your qualifications (Certificate and official transcripts) to 3/20 Comserv Loop, Ellenbrook, W.A. 6069
- You will be notified of the success of your application, please allow 3 weeks for processing.
CREDIT FOR PRIOR LEARNING:
The Montessori Institute is committed to recognising previous studies and other relevant prior learning that contributes towards satisfying requirements for its courses. Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) is an integral part of our service and everyone is entitled to apply. For further information contact the Enrolment Officer firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be advised of the cost of tuition fees and further work to be completed.
Enrolment Fee $2960
Montessori Institute workshop fees are paid at time of registration $150 per day (up to 10 days in total).
Two days Governance workshop days to be sourced externally and fees will vary.
$ 4300 - $5000 depending upon workshops chosen.